KitchenAid is a well known and trusted brand. KitchenAid continues to deliver superior products with the 1 / 2 HP garbage disposal. This disposal, though smaller in size, grinds through food waste in a flash. It’s affordable, compact, very easy to operate and built to last.
Features of the KitchenAid 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal Unit
- The KitchenAid 1/2 Horsepower disposal holds up to 26 ounces worth of food waste– you will have ample amount of space to hold your food waste without worrying about it overflowing or clogging
- Operates through continuous feed, allowing you to clean up quickly after you are done with meals
- Comes with horsepower motor that operates at 1725 revolutions per minute assuring that food will be ground rapidly, effectively and easily rinsed down the drain
- This unit comes with a polysystrene sound barrier that minimizes loud noise when grinding food
- Grinding wheel, swivel impellers and shredder ring all are made out of durable stainless steel
- This unit can be connected directly to an electrical switch which gives you the option of using the machine with a cover or without a cover
The Kitchen Aid 1 / 2 HP continuous feed garbage disposal comes with a 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Comments from Previous Buyers
Breaks through everything and has lots of torque
Inconsistent and poor performance, this unit cannot process lemon or potato peels.
- This disposal is made of galvanized, stainless and ABS steel – These high quality products give you comfort because you know your unit is built well and will last you for many years
- Mounting systems makes it very easy to install
- It is safe and easy to operate because the disposal is connected to an electrical switch
- Special whisper quiet polystyrene sound barrier that lets you clean up quickly; but without the usual loud noises that other disposals make
- Powerful motor that operates at 1 / 2 Horsepower and 1725 revolutions per minute – you will grind food super fast with this disposal unit
- Continuous feed system means there is no stopping to wait while the food is being ground – you can continue to put new food waste into the disposal as the old waste is still being ground
- The KitchenAid 1/2 Horsepower disposal unit can be used with or without a cover – you can use your disposal unit in the way best suited for you
- Swivel impellers operate at 360 degrees
- Shredder rings made from galvanized steel will grind food waste down to its smallest components allowing the waste to get easily washed down the drain
- This product does not come with a power cord.
- One customer reports that the unit stopped operating after a year of ownership.